St Marys Century Houses Home Page

Emily, Water Streets

Church St   Jones St     King St   Ontario St   Peel St   Queen St East Queen St West Robinson St Thomas St   Water St   Wellington St Widder St

322 Emily Street
The house was built in 1860 for John Robinson, a Grand Trunk Railway civil engineer.

Three years later it was sold to retired St Marys merchant Milner Harrison. (See
Biography of Milner Harrison ) who lived there until his death in 1887.

Dr. Thomas Sparks lived here before moving to
236 Jones St.

322 Emily, St Marys, Ontario

107 Water St North
This cottage is one of four houses built in 1870 on adjoining lots by Robert Barbour for local businesswoman Fanny Moore Adam.   (The other houses are at 99 Water St N and 100 & 106
Wellington Street N. It was occupied by Fanny Adam's sister Jane Stafford and her family.

107 Water, St Marys, Ontario

75 Water St North
From the heritage plaque:
"Originally dating to the 1850s a major addition was built circa 1870 for woollen manufacturer Steven Myers.   The farmhouse is a well preserved example of an early stucco house, one of the few remaining in St Marys.   The house is notable for the interesting French windows with a gothic window beneath the gable."

Stephen Myers operated a woolen mill for more than a quarter of century that employed over 30.

136 Water, St Marys, Ontario

75 Water, St Marys, Ontario

136 Water St South
The original owner of this 1860 was stonecutter James Whitson.   The front is built of broken-coursed limestone, the sides of coursed rubble.