St Marys Century Houses Home Page

Wellington Street

Church St   Jones St     King St   Ontario St   Peel St   Queen St East Queen St West Robinson St Thomas St   Water St   Wellington St Widder St

130 Wellington, St Marys, Ontario

(left) 130 Wellington Street N
Built in 1890 on the north-west corner of Widder and Wellington Streets for Richard Dickson.   The architect was George Gouinlock who later used a similar style in designing St Marys Town Hall.
On the north-east corner is the Presbyterian Church.

(below) 109 Wellington Street N
The house was built on the south-east corner of Widder and Wellington for physician Dr. John Hugh Mathieson and his wife Mary Harrison in 1873 by Robert Barbour.   Mary Harrison was the daughter of Milner Harrison, who lived at
322 Emily Street and sister of David Howard Harrison, who lived at 51 Church S

106 Wellington, St Marys, Ontario

109 Wellington, St Marys, Ontario

100 Wellington, St Marys, Ontario

(left above) 106 Wellington Street N
(left) 100 Wellington Street N

Robert Barbour built these houses along with 2 others behind them (107 & 109
Water St North ) for businesswoman Fanny Adams in 1869-70.

Fanny Adams rented no. 106 to her sister Margaret Beattie and her husband Alexander. Alexander Beattie's department store was on the north-west corner of Queen and Church St, now the TD Canada Trust building.

Fanny Adams herself lived at no. 100.